2022 Fall Conference Proceedings
- Solid Waste Management Plan Status – Dave Vitale, P.E., NYSDEC
- NYS Legislation & Landfill Update – Richard Clarkson, P.E., NYSDEC
- Climate Action Council Update – Mike Cahill, Esq., Germano & Cahill
- Developing RNG Projects in NYS – Daryl O’Dell, P.E., Tetratech
- Renewable Landfill Gas & Implications for Waste Management Facilities – Jeff Doris,
Sanborn Head Associates
- Chautauqua County RNG Project Development – Kyle Rhoades, Green Energy
- Status of NYC Electric Collection Fleet – Kattan Spiro, NYC Dept. of Transportation
- Preparing Your Landfill for an RNG Project – Jeff King, BerQ RNG
- Mega Trends & Their Impacts on Materials Management – Martin Bellew, Town of Islip
& Will Flower, Winters Bros.
2022 Landfill Operator Proceedings
- NY State Regulations Landfill Design – Paola Munar Moreno, MS. Assistant Engineer and Peter Grasso, P.E., NYS DEC Central Office
- Waste Screening/Radiation Detection Program – Greg Gelewski, Deputy Director, Madison Co. DSW
- Working Face Procedures – Brian Wohnsiedler, Operations Manager, Development Authority of the North Country
- Leachate Management – Josh Olbrys, Deputy Executive Director, OHSWA
- Landfill Gas– William Doebler, QEP, Sr. Project Manager, Barton & Loguidice, D.P.C.
- Water Quality Monitoring here– Steven McDonnell, Engineering Geologist, NYSDEC Region 9
- Stormwater Management– Dave Hanny, CPESC, CPSWQ, LEED AP, Sr. Associate, Barton and Loguidice, D.P.C.
- Landfill Safety– Christopher Campman, Sr. Project Manager, Barton and Loguidice, D.P.C.
- Modern Landfill Presentation– Alan Davis, Modern Corp.
2021 Fall Conference Proceedings
- NYSDEC Update – Richard Clarkson, P.E., NYSDEC
- NYS CLCPA Climate Action Council Waste Panel – Steve Changaris, NYS NWRA
- Biosolids Presentation – Peter Baker, P.E., & Luann Meyer, Barton & Loguidice
- Food Scraps Diversion Program – Molly Trembley, P.E., NYSDEC
- OHSWMA Food2Energy – William Rabbia, OHSWMA
- Organics Diversion – Aidan Murphy, Energy Systems Group
- DANC Materials Management Facility – Patricia Pastella, P.E., DANC
- Fill Material Impact on ALR Compliance – Abigail Gilson, TRI Environmental
2020 Landfill Operator Proceedings
- NY State Regulations Landfill Design – Jaime Lang
- Waste Screening/Radiation Detection Program– Rich Bills
- Working Face Procedures – Brian Wohnsiedler
- Leachate Management – Josh Olbrys
- Landfill Gas – Jeff Reed
- Water Quality Monitoring – Steven McDonnell
- Stormwater Management – Dave Hanny
- Town of Colonie Landfill – Matt McGarry
2019 Fall Conference Proceedings
- Odors & Impacts – Gregory Maclean
- Basics Of Landfill Gas Collection And Odor Control – Cory J. Mcdowell, P.E.
- Waste Composition And Its Effects On Odors And Gas Quality – Rich Bills Steuben County Solid Waste
- Cover It Up- Proper Landfill Cover Material Management For Odor Control – Russell Anderson, Casella Waste Systems
- Temporary Exposed Geomembrane Caps The Benefits Outweigh The Costs – Bodhi Piedmont-Fleischmann, P.E.
- Odor Monitoring Testing, Tracking, And Attacking – John O’Brien, Ncm Odor Control
- Bureau Of Waste Disposal And Bureau Of Solid Waste Engineering – Martin Bellew
- Status Of New State Solid Waste Management Plan – Dave Vitale, P.E.
- Legislative Update – Peter Pettit, P.E.
2019 Landfill Operator Proceedings
- NY State Regulations/Landfill Design – Jaime Lang, P.E., NYSDEC Central Office
- Waste Screening/Radiation Detection Program– Rich Bills, Environmental Coordinator, Steuben Co. DPW
- Working Face Procedures – Stephen McElwain, Operations Manager, Development Authority of the North Country
- Leachate Management – Josh Olbrys, Landfill Operations Manager, OHSWA
- Landfill Gas – Jeff Reed, P. E., Barton & Loguidice, D.P.C.
- Water Quality Monitoring – Dale Becker, P.E., Engineering Geologist, NYSDEC Region 5
- Stormwater Management – Dave Hanny, CPESC, CPSWQ, LEED AP, Barton & Loguidice, D.P.C.
- Landfill Safety – Martin Miller, Environmental Protection Manager, Waste Management
- ADC Alternatives Tarping Systems – Michael Mayo, Tarparmor
- ADC Alternatives Foam Systems – Jared Watson, Rusmar Foam Technologies
- ADC Alternatives Posi Shell – Ben Ventimiglia, S.C., GMM, LSC Environmental Services
- Landfill Compactor Spotlight Aljon – Denise Stottlemyre – Aljon By C& C Manufacturer LLC
- Landfill Compactor Spotlight Volvo – Todd Cannegieter, Volvo Construction Equipment
2017 Fall Conference Proceedings
- Regulatory Overview of NYSDEC Part 360 Changes – David Vitale, P.E. and Richard Clarkson, P.E., NYSDEC
- Disaster Debris Management (Cost Effective Cleanups) – Robert Holmes, P.E., Cornerstone Environmental
- Engineering of NYC Marine Transfer Station – Jay Lovelass, Greeley and Hansen, Philadelphia, PA
- Class A Biosolids Management Using Alkaline Stabilization – Jeff Brink and Tony Barbagallo, P.E., Casella Organics
- Is NYS Ready for Class A Biosolids? – George Bevington, Gerhardt LLC and Jim Belcastro, Lystek International, Inc.
- Repower America – Adam Klinger, US EPA
- Ulster County Solar Project – Amanda LaValle, Ulster County Dept. of the Environment
- Transfer Station Safety Training Program – Brian Wohnsiedler, DANC
- Fire Protection and Management of Facility Fire Planning – Ryan Fogalman, VP Fire Rover
Landfill Operator Proceedings
- NY State Regulations/Landfill Design – Richard Clarkson, P.E., NYSDEC Central Office
- Waste Screening/Radiation Detection Program – Rich Bills, Environmental Coordinator, Steuben Co. DPW
- Working Face Procedures – Steve McElwain, Operations Manager, Development of the North Country
- Leachate Management – Josh Olbrys, Operations & Landfill Facility Manager, Oneida-Herkimer SWA
- Landfill Gas – William Doebler, Barton & Loguidice, D.P.C.
- Water Quality Monitoring – Dale Becker, Engineering Geologist, NYSDEC Region 5
- Stormwater Management – Dave Hanny, CPESC, CPSWQ, LEED AP, Barton & Loguidicem D.P.C.
- Landfill Safety – Josh Brown, Environmental Technician, Fulton County Dept. of Solid Waste
- Onondaga County RRA Compost – Greg Gelewski, Compost Operations Manager
2016 Fall Conference Proceedings
- NYSDEC Part 360 Regulatory Update – Robert Phaneuf, Dave Vitale, Rick Clarkson, Melissa Treers, Gus Carayiannis – NYSDEC
- Post Closure Care – Don Hullings – Cornerstone Environmental
- Seneca Energy RNG Facility – Dennis Plaster – Aria Energy
- Organics Waste Management – Dave Vitale, Sally Rowland – NYSDEC
- Quantities of Organics, NYS Perspective – George Bevington – Gerhardt LLC
- Source Separated Organics Collection – Abbie Webb – Casella Waste Management
- Drone Mapping in Landfills – Jacob Hier – Identified Technologies
- Monroe County Ecopark – Nicole Fornof – Waste Management
- Monroe County ARE Park Update – James Zecca – Madison County DSW & Sanitation and Chad Hutton – Barton & Loguidice
2015 Fall Conference Proceedings
- NYSDEC Regulatory Update – Robert Phaneuf, P.E., NYSDEC
- Franklin County Landfill Update – George Eades, Executive Director, County of Franklin Solid Waste
- Decentralized Compost Facilities – Gregory McCarron, P.E., Vice President SCS Engineers
- Food Waste Recycling: Trends & Considerations – Karen Flanders, Casella Waste Systems
- Solid Waste Transportation by Intermodal Railroad – Jeff Richardson, Waste Management of NY
- FINCH WASTE CO LLC THE FORMER SARATOGA COUNTY LANDFILL – Former Saratoga Co. LF – Warren Harris, P.E., Finch
- SINGLE STREAM MRF Design & Construction – Sue McIntyre, Solid Waste Director Delaware County DPW and Timothy Schroder, PE Project Manager/Lead Engineer, Ann Clark PE, Clark Davis Engineering & Surveying
- Economic$ at Chautauqua County Landfill – Pantelis K. Panteli, P.E., Chautauqua Co. DSW
- Local Solid Waste Planning & Program Implementation – Luann Meyer, Barton & Loguidice D.P.C.
2015 Leachate Management Seminar & Tour
- NYSDEC Regulatory Update – Bob Phaneuf, P.E., Assistant Division Director
- WWTP Discharge Permit Considerations – Tom Rhoads, P.E. – Commissioner Onondaga County Department of Water Environment Protection –
- Leachate Pretreatment System Operations – Steve Orcutt, Assistant Commissioner Steuben County Solid Waste Division
- Oh Leachate, Let Me Count The Ways -A Lanchester PA Perspective – Robert F. Hasemeier, P.E. Senior Managing Engineer, Barton & Loguidice Engineers D.P.C.
- County Leachate Pilot Project – Jason Greene, PE Senior Project Engineer, GHD Consulting Services, Inc.
- Leachate Treatment by Reverse Osmosis – Peter Baker, P.E.; David Pannucci, and Richard Weis, Seneca Meadows, Inc.
- Leachate Evaporation Systems (Ins and Outs) – John Weigold and Bernie Duesel, Heartland Technology Partners, LLC
- Overview Of Onondaga Lake Remediation ProjectTimothy Larson, P.E. and Richard Mustico, P.E., NYSDEC
2014 Fall Conference Proceedings
- Regulatory Update from NYSDEC Part I – Robert Phaneuf, P.E., NYSDEC
- Regulatory Update from NYSDEC – Product Stewardship – Part II – Mark Moroukian, P.E., NYSDEC
- Innovations for Municipal Landfill Solar Installations – Jim Kurtz, Sunvestment Group & Mark Roach, RER Energy Group
- Organic Waste to Energy – Ed Nesselbeck, Nessco Consulting LLC
- Leachate Treatment – Non-Thermal Plasma Process – Gary DiPippo, P.E., Cornerstone Environmental Group
- Back to Basics – the Landfill’s Growing Responsibilities – Part I – Steve McElwain, Landfill Superintendent – DANC Solid Waste Management Facility
- Back to Basics – the Landfill’s Growing Responsibilities – Part II – Richard LeClerc, General Manager, DANC Solid Waste Management Facility
- Waste Gasification Project – James Tayor Jr., Taylor Recycling Facility LLC
- Power Purchase Agreements From the Municipal Perspective – William Buchan, Buchan & Sutter P.C.
- The Benefits of Inter-Municipal Agreements – Mark Donnelly, Executive Director, Onondaga County Resource Recovery Agency
- Current Recycling Market Trends – Dan Kurtz, Sierra Processing/County Waste & Recycling
2014 Landfill Operator Training Course
- NYS Regulations – Richard Clarkson, P.E., NYSDEC
- Landfill Design – Cory McDowell, P.E., Barton & Loguidice D.P.C.
- Waste Screening – Steve Orcutt, Steuben County DPW
- Working Face Procedures – Jeff Bouchard, Fulton County DSW
- Leachate Management – Frank Visser, P.E., Oswego County DSW
- Landfill Gas – William Doebler, Barton & Loguidice D.P.C.
- Stormwater Management – Teresa Wong, Casella Waste Systems
- Water Quality Monitoring – Dale Becker, NYSDEC
- Landfill Safety – Lewell Troast, Jr., Empire Safety Training & Consulting, Inc.
- Modern Landfill & H2Gro Greenhouses – Gary Smith, P.E., Modern Corporation
2013 NYSASWM Fall Technical Training
- Organics Recycling in New York State – Sally Rowland, Ph.D., P.E., Division of Materials Management NYSDEC
- Madison County’s Agriculture and Renewable Energy Business Park – James Zecca, Director – Madison County DSW, Kipp Hicks, Executive Director – Madison County IDA
- Converting Biogas to CNG for Vehicle Fuel – Chris Voell, Eastern Sales Manager, BIOCNG
- Current Developments in the Environmental Markets – Denise Farrell, Environmental Capital LLC
- LES Landfill Methane CNG Pipeline Landfill Methane to Pipeline-Quality Natural Gas– Peter H. Zeliff, Sr., EIF Renewable Holdings, LLC
- Flow Control Update 2013 – Michael J. Cahill, Germano & Cahill
- Deconstruction and Associated Materials Management – Mark Donnelly, Onondaga County Resource Recovery Agency
- Community Impacts through Deconstruction & ReUse – Diane Cohen, Finger Lakes ReUse, Inc.
- Residential Deconstruction Project – William A. Rabbia, Oneida-Herkimer Solid Waste Authority
2013 Training Seminar Organic Waste Management
- Engineering and operational considerations of comprehensive solid waste management systems including organics – Hans Arnold, Gerhardt Consulting
- Operation of anaerobic digestion facilities to meet design and regulatory criteria – George Bevington, Gerhardt Consulting
- Permit requirements for organic waste management facilities – Sally Rowland and Bob Phaneuf, NYSDEC
- Toronto anaerobic digestion, engineering and design principles – Ian Dickinson, AECOM
- Engineering and design principles for a co-digestion process at a medium-size dairy farm – Jay Kilbourn, Casella Organics
- Organics diversion-relative impacts on Gas Collection Control System design and operation – Daryl O’Dell, Cornerstone Engineering
- Long-term experience of engineered municipal composting systems – Sue McIntyre, Delaware County
- Composting: Turning a “Waste” Problem into a Resource Opportunity – Greg Gelewski, Onondaga County RRA
- Engineered municipal composting system – Jim Biamonte, Oneida-Herkimer Solid Waste Authority
- Private sector compost – Barbara Eckstrom, Tompkins Co. & Mary Proctor, Owner, Cayuga Compost
Crowne Plaza Resort
Lake Placid, NY
Crowne Plaza Resort
Lake Placid, NY
High Peaks Resort
Lake Placid, NY