- Director of Materials Management
- NYSAR3 Opening
- Broome County Position
- Part-Time, Temporary job
- Public Information Officer
- Ulster County, NY – Professional Position
DIRECTOR OF MATERIALS MANAGEMENT
Apply for this job at www.danc.org and submit your cover letter, resume and online application.
Job Summary: The Director of Materials Management is responsible for the overall management of the
Materials Management Division in Rodman, New York; including but not limited to: landfill facilities,
operations and maintenance, customer services, environmental stewardship, natural resource
preservation, waste diversion (3R’s), regional coordination and public education. This includes
management of capital resources, fiscal and human resource management, and strategic planning. The
Director of Materials Management has administrative oversight of Division functions and will assist the
Chief Operating Officer with implementation of Division strategic goals.
- Manages all operational, financial and human resources required to operate the Materials
- Complete annual performance reviews on all subordinates, including detailed and specific
comments on all aspects of their job requirements.
- Responsible for the Safety Practices and adherence with Authority Safety Policy.
- Coordinates with Engineering Division on environmental and regulatory requirements.
- Prepares, manages, and administers budget for the Materials Management Division.
- Approves operating and capital expenditures in compliance with annual budget.
- Directs consultants and engineers on Materials Management capital projects.
- Plans and monitors construction activities.
- Advises Chief Operating Officer on facility issues, and works cooperatively with COO to execute
operational plans consistent with Authority policies.
- Ensures compliance with Authority policies for Materials Management personnel.
- Plans, directs, and administers training for all Material Management personnel.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal requirements.
- Coordinates Materials Management and Citizen’s Advisory Committees.
- Works with Executive Management on new initiative concept, planning, and development.
- Represents the Authority in public forums, to educate and create awareness of landfill and MMF
- Works with customers and partners to implement operating policies.
- Implements a Natural Resources Conservation Plan.
- Fosters waste diversion, reduction, and reuse as recycling alternatives.
- Comply with Authority Health and Safety procedures.
- Related duties as required.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Knowledgeable of, and able to operate computer systems, and general office equipment and be
able to learn the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and other software as needed.
- Knowledgeable of solid waste, recycling and facility issues and operation.
- Skills in leadership, supervisory of staff and management.
- Skills in verbal and written communication.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and professionalism.
- Skills to qualify for Confined Space Entry in accordance with Occupational Safety and Health
Administration, 29 CFR 1910.146.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Construction Management or other
fields related to the solid waste industry.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Environmental
Studies or closely related fields preferred.
- OSHA 10 Hour Safety Certification required to be obtained within 1 month of hire.
- SWANA Manager of Landfill Operations certification required to attain within one year of hire.
- At least one certification from an accredited course in landfill operations (i.e. NYSASWM
“Landfill Operator Training”).
- At least ten years’ experience in solid waste industry or facility management.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be acceptable.
BENEFITS: The Authority offers a competitive compensation package to include participation in the NYS
Employee Retirement System (PENSION), NYS Deferred Compensation Plan, paid holidays, and vacation, sick and personal days; medical, dental and vision insurances; plus, we offer tuition reimbursement and professional development.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The New York State Association for Reduction, Reuse and Recycling (NYSAR3) has an immediate opening for a Coordinator who will work closely with the NYSAR3 Board of Directors to further its mission through program coordination, communications, committee support, fund development, event planning, and implementation. The Coordinator is also responsible for supervising a part-time Administrative Assistant and college level interns who will assist with program and administrative tasks.
Work Location: Remote, based within New York State.
Employment Type: Part-time independent contractor position, 15hrs/week. Travel expected for in-person conferences, events, and the annual Board Retreat.
(I) Program Coordination (20%)
- Coordinate K-12 related programs including Green School Grants and the NY Recycles! Poster Contest
- Textiles Campaign: Respond to email and phone call inquiries about #ReClotheNY
- Assist College Council chairperson with recruiting and support of College Council members including college visits and development of recruiting materials and webinars
(II) Communications Coordination (20%)
Coordinate the design, production, and administrative support to Committee and Program Chairs as well as Chapter representatives to promote their missions including:
- Ongoing Website maintenance
- Quarterly Electronic Newsletter
- Social Media
- Conference promotion
- Outreach materials
Virtual attendance at monthly Board of Directors and Committee meetings
(III) Committee Support (30%)
- Membership, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion + Committee (MEDI+) (10%, 3 times/year) Assist MEDI+ Chapter representatives with recruitment and supporting members including the development of recruiting materials, webinars, and regional events.
- Single Use Plastics (5%, 2 times per year): Assist with creating public education campaigns;
- Fund Development (5%, 2 times/year): Assist committee with grant writing and administration and distribution of grant funds.
- Elections Committee (5%, 2 times/year): Assist committee with administration of online election processes;
- Reuse Committee (5%, 2 times/year): Assist Reuse Committee with administration of Reuse Grants. development of Reuse and Repair exhibits
- Virtual event management software coordination and implementation for NYSAR3 sponsored conferences
- Federation of NY Annual Conference (Early May): Attend conference to assist with needs as determined by Federation Conference Chair
- Organics Summit (Early April): Assist Organics Summit Conference Committee with logistics, promotion, registration, and execution of event
- Assist with other regional and statewide summits
- NYSAR3 Annual Meeting/Conference (Early November). Example tasks:
- Coordinate conference planning with Conference Committee
- Prepare conference registration online and in-person
- Send electronic conference communications and maintain web presence
- Conference promotion
- Vendor and speaker engagement
- Coordinate At-Large Board Elections
- Attend and support coordination of Annual Board Retreat-in person (typically held in summer)
- Bachelor’s degree and two years relevant experience preferred
- Four years of relevant experience may be substituted for bachelor’s degree.
- Proven Microsoft® Office and Excel skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in teams and manage multiple, simultaneous tasks and deadlines
- Prior education/experience in recycling, solid waste, or SMM a plus
- Staff supervision, program coordination, communications coordination, systems management software and/or website development/maintenance experience, a plus.
- Recycling Research Library intern
- Work is All done Online
- To input data to help build the National
- Recycling Coalition’s Research Library
- Start as soon as possible @ $18/hr
- Training provided
- Computer, library and/or
- Recycling background helpful
- Supervisor lives in Manhattan
- Reply with credentials and experience to: Maggie@MaggieClarke.com
(IV) Conferences and Events (40%)
Qualifications and Experience:
NYSAR3 offers reimbursement for required travel and a dynamic and professional work environment.
NYSAR3 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome qualified, motivated applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, military status, veteran status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.
For more information, view our website at www.nysar3.org. Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until December 9th 2022, 11:59 p.m.
Broome County Position
Assistant Sanitary Landfill Supervisor (full-time)
Entry Rate: $27.43/hr
Work Schedule: Tuesday-Saturday
Broome County Landfill located at 286 Knapp Rd., Binghamton, NY
This is a supervisory and skilled work position involving the responsibility for safe and efficient performance of the daily operations of the Landfill. General instructions are received from the Sanitary Landfill Supervisor regarding assignment of tasks with considerable leeway given for planning the details of each assignment. More specific instructions are received for special projects regarding work to be performed, methods to be used and the work may be reviewed while in progress and upon completion. The work also involves responsibility for the skilled operation of specialized motor equipment assigned to the County Landfill. Supervision may be exercised over the work of the landfill operations staff. Does related work as required.
A) Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma and five (5) years of experience in solid waste management or construction including the operation of heavy equipment in excavation and grading work. Possession of the appropriate level of Commercial Driver’s license.
Applications are available at: https://www.gobroomecounty.com/personnel/employment_application
Applications can be sent to email@example.com
Deadline: December 30, 2022
Part-Time, Temporary job
— Home —.
Public Information Officer
Award-winning recycling and sustainable solid waste agency seeks energetic, versatile professional to join our team. Design and implement a public information program to support the agency’s activities and goals. Build relationships and share information with local, county and state officials. Develop and manage a strategic marketing plan, through the Agency’s website, online platforms and working with advertising agencies. Ideal candidate is a self-starter who is adaptable to changing circumstances, deadline focused and who supports OCRRA’s mission and program outreach efforts.
Minimum qualifications for candidates: bachelor’s degree and 2 years of professional level work experience in public relations, marketing or communications or, 6 years work experience in the aforementioned areas, 2 years of which must be at the professional level.
The position is a provisional civil service appointment. Salary DOE. Individuals meeting the minimum qualifications may submit an application, resume and
letter of interest to Maureen Nosik, OCRRA, 100 Elwood Davis, North Syracuse, NY 13212 or e-mail your response to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can be obtained on the Employment page at OCRRA.org.
OCRRA is an equal opportunity employer.
Ulster County, NY – Professional Position
The Ulster County Resource Recovery Agency is a local public authority of the State of New York whose mission is to protect public health and the environment and to promote sustainable materials management practices in Ulster County by efficiently managing solid waste materials with a focus on resource conservation.
The Agency is seeking an Executive Director to lead the Agency in the next phase of the Ulster County Solid Waste Management Plan. The Executive Director reports directly to the five-member Board of Directors and is responsible for but not limited to policy recommendation and implementation, efficient and environmentally sound operations, regulatory compliance, maximum diversion practices, communications, personnel management, and union labor relations.
Interested candidates may view the detailed job description on our website at: https://ucrra.org/employment/
It is the policy of UCRRA to grant equal employment opportunity to all qualified person without regards to age, race, color, religion, marital status, political affiliation, sex, or national origin.
To apply please send a resume with references to:
Ulster County Resource Recovery Agency
Attn: Kenneth Gilligan, esq.
PO Box 6219
Kingston, NY 12402
E-mail your response to KennethDGilligan@aol.com
Does your company or organization have a position opening in the solid waste management industry?
Would you like to post the position here on our NYSASWM website? To learn more please contact:
Cindy Livingston, Deputy Director
FC Solid Waste Dept.
PO Box 28
Johnstown, NY 12095
(518) 736-5501, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.